Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Motorola V 551 Bluetooth capable cellular phone to use with my Pri. With a lot of help from Asif at Toyotatown in Stockton we were able to activate the Pri phone system so that it can now receive and dial calls and to use the Pri speaker system to speak to and hear callers.

Unfortunately we were unable to globally download the entire contents of my phone directory [ 105 numbers ] to the Pri directory. We were only able to download numbers, one at a time. My phone numbers are stored on the phone’s SIM card. Should I have stored the numbers in the phone rather onto the Sim card?

If anyone has any information on how to do a global download, please reply.

Arizona Charlie

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Downloading the entire contact list at once is a feature of certain phones only... From what I have seen, the Motorollas can only do one number at a time (or none in the case of the Verizon-crippled V710).

Here's Toyota's guide for pairing and transferring for the Motorolla V551: http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/toyota/v551_bt.pdf

·
Registered
82 Posts
Charlie,
mrv beat me to it.
He is right, there is no way to download the entire phone book to your Prius. Only one at a time. However, compared with others who have Verizon phones, we are the lucky bunch...
I am sure you will be happy with V551 because I am.

One thing I dislike about V551 is that
if the power indicator goes down to 2 in the morning, it will be beeping for low battery in the afternoon. It would be a good idea to recharge it whenever you see two bars in battery indicator. Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts