Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that I can get fan only by playing with the temperature setting. Is there another way?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Go to the climate screen.

Press Auto to turn everything on
Press AC to turn the a/c off
Press one of the fan buttons to adjust fan speed to taste (note, this does not involve licking the fan)

·
Registered
370 Posts
or...

Go to the Climate screen and push one of the fan speed buttons to turn on the fan.

Then, depending on the inside and outside temp (and the climate control's temp setting), turn off A/C and recirc so you can get outside air.

Why oh why can't things be simple?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I also set the temp to max cold in summer/max hot in winter....then use the 'vent' setting.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
melgish said:
(note, this does not involve licking the fan)
:shock: :oops:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
An04Prius said:
melgish said:
(note, this does not involve licking the fan)
:shock: :oops:
Had to put that there to keep from being sued by the poor fool that tried it. :wink:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I guess I was doing this in some combination of moves.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’m still mystified by the climate controls. Perhaps the European model is different.
1) I can’t have the fan blowing, just boosting external airflow, without the air conditioning icon (on Climate control display) showing the yellow bar above it. If I try to turn off the A/C (on Climate control display) the fan stops.
2) If I turn on the front demister, which I do from the steering wheel control, when I toggle it off again the ‘Auto A/C’ is then shown on the dash display resulting in a blast of cold / hot air. Which has to be turned off independently? I’m sure the Toyota designers didn’t have this in mind!
Bob

·
Registered
669 Posts
Try fiddling some more... I've found sometimes I need to turn the fan on, then the AC off, then the fan back on to get the setting to "stick".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks I need just to sit in the driveway and play with the controls ( I only just found out that the doors re-lock themselves if they are not opened within a certain time frame. I was using the transmitter from as far away as possible to unlock, then finding them locked again when I got to the car - the Prius has something new to offer just when I thought I knew it all)
Bob

·
Registered
919 Posts
I feel better now. I thought it was just me having problems activating air and heat without AC coming on somewhere---dash or screen. I went to the guide, read up, and still didn't get a clear answer. So trial and error seems to work. My first car with climate control and no "heat" indicator to make it easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts