Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time, I like to check in with the people who are waiting for Prii to see how they are doing. I know it's frustrating to be reading all these questions, observations, brags and quirks being aired on the line while you are waiting for (Godot) Prius to show up.
I wanted to let you folks know that we've been there. You already know the car is worth the wait. There are assorted ideas floating around about how you might bypass some of the wait: most common idea is to contact rural dealers who may have unclaimed PriI. That's how I got mine. Two dealers in Seattle had me on their lists with nothing likely to happen for months to move me up.
I learned a lot about this car before I actually had one, by reading these posts. By the time I did get one, I was primed for what to expect which was good because I had a 200 mile drive home from the dealer. My dealer, by the way, is James Toyota of Moses Lake, WA 509-765-4517. By now, they are probably inundated by the demand, but they might be worth contacting. A friend of mine who had contacted them, was called by them and offered a white Prius, number 5 option. It does happen.
Hang in there. Voice your frustrations here and widen your experience of being part of an energy revolution. Don't let the bragging and hooting about how neat this car is, rain on your parade because before long, you'll be hooting too.
Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
A Positive Story!

My wife and I were very lucky. We live in western Wisconsin. On April 29/30, we got on three different dealers' lists looking for a red, silver or white package 7. We said we'd consider a package 9. The hometown dealer told us were #17 and we could expect a car in August, 2005. A dealer 90 miles away said we were 43 on her list and it would 18 months so it might be an '06! The small town dealer 30 miles away said we were #7. He promised Oct./Nov. 2004 and took our $1000 down payment. On May 4th the small town dealer called to say that he was getting a silver package 9 in ten days and the others on the list were passing. Did I want it? I called my wife immediately and within five minutes called the dealer back to say YES!
May 14 came and went. We called and were told the car got held up in port and should be here by May 22. On May 21 the hometown dealer called to say that he received a surprise -- a beige package nine! Apparently no one else on his list wanted a beige so he thought we might be interetsed? I immediately called the small town dealer and was told that our car had been driven off the transport five minutes ago!!!

This story has a very happy ending! We got back from the small town dealer a couple of hours ago and we have a silver package nine safely parked in our garage! What a wonderful machine! My wife and I are ecstatic! It was MSRP + tax and license. When I questioned the $184 for the floor mats they kindly gave me $184 more for my trade-in! They were very accomodating and made the experience truly a pleasure. E mail me if you'd like their contact information.

All in all, we were very fortunate! 24 days after ordering we have a Prius in our garage!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still waiting....patiently?

Congratulations to you W89GPI ! :D I was at my dealer last saturday (they have a barbque ever saturday morning weather permitting....what can I say, I like free food :wink: ) and I keep checking in on my slow progression up the list. The list now is over 140 people, they are being told it could be a two to three year wait and people are still putting down the $500 deposit. For me, I don't mind waiting until the fall for my 2005 model, I am spending my time upgrading my garage from a small two car to a double deep 3 car garage that should be ready by fall. For now I try to drive my 1992 Geo Metro (gets about 45 mpg) to work as often as I can and am just using my 2001 Dodge Durango R/T for heavy duty stuff, pulling stumps and boat trailer and building materials trailer. I like reading these boards and reading all the comments from all the different people. I must say the hybrid idea makes a lot of sense to me, even my father (a long time caddy man ) has even been talking lately about getting a hybrid, perhaps the Lexus SUV, although I really can't picture him driving that, I do admire that he is willing to make a change. One of the architects that I met recently has been driving his 2004 Prius since last december and just loves it also. Still don't see too many around town here, maybe once a month you might see one on the road, I hope that changes in the future. June is almost here which means I am about half way done with my wait now, still have a few more months to get things ready for my precious prius this fall. I would like to thank all the members here for the time they take to share with us their experiences, it really does make the waiting easier. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sad. :(

I'm only on one list, because I haven't had time to really devote myself to trying to get on other lists. I have a list of lists to get on to! But, haven't done it yet.

The one list I got on (a week ago today) said 7-10 month wait, but said maybe sooner for me because I am open to more colors than the average person. The sad thing is, I put all those colors on, so that I would have the right of refusal, but I don't think I'll actually WANT most of them. I'm really fond of Tideland and Seaside, but I put everything except Drfitwood on my acceptable list. I'm hoping Tideland and Seaside aren't very popular and someone will turn one down soon. My delaership gets 8-15 per month, but they won't tell me what number i am on the list. By simple math, one would guess I am somewhere between 56-150, but that doesn't tell me much. Maybe when I start following up with them, I'll push them to tell me where I am on the list.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The wait is over

I just recieved mine yesterday. I am sooooo glad the 4 month wait is over. Actually just a week shy of a 4 months, but each day felt like forever.

So far I have gone a little over 50 miles, and my average MPG is right around 46, just driving it like i did my 4runner, except that I went almost three times the distance with the same amout of fuel!

I have the Homelink setup, with my x-10 system, and my garage door opener. I reprogrammed the auto door locks. I've been trying to learn the nav system.

I am going to hold off on getting a bluetooth phone. Actually my fiance would like another phone, and her contract is comming up soon. I believe we will get her a bluetooth, and then I can use it :)

For those waiting, be patient . . . so far I have NO buyers remorse

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been on the list at Alexandria Toyota in the Washington DC area since Feb 12th... when I last spoke to them two weeks ago I was 34th on a list of 121. It is frustrating waiting but I figure its gotta show up sometime, right? I'm not willing to drive around putting $500 down at a bunch of different dealerships so I guess I'm just stuck until my ship (with my Prius on it) comes in :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've only been waiting 3 weeks so far, but it feels like forever. I've seen more Prii around town lately; I even saw a Classic the other day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts