Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, then. I copied the stickers and glued them onto the magnetic backing. All seems well (except, maybe, for the fact that you can't really see them from the rear). My main concern now is that any moisture will cause the ink to run (printed on photo paper from an ink-jet printer).

What's the plan for sealing the paper. I'm thinking of a clear, laminate spray, but don't know if that will really do the trick.

Any thoughts?

marlowe

·
Registered
15 Posts
probably, but is it really that big a deal? if they get too funky you can just recopy and stick em to new magnets? they aren't that much

·
Registered
736 Posts
HOV stickers another thread

Why make copies? Just stick the originals to the magnetic backing and your done. I did finally stick a small one permanently to the lowest area on the right rear. This way, if I venture unplanned into the HOV lane, I'm covered. It can be seen from the rear as well, and I don't have to have them plastered all over the car. I saw an old natural gas powered Dodge van in the carpool lane with only the faded remains of just one small sticker on the rear bumper. Nobody was bothering him as he drove by himself. I don't think that it is going to be a big deal, as the CHP has other priorities.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stickers

I only made copies in case of the (albeit rare) possiblity of theft. They could also simply fall off. In any case, I also thought of putting a small sticker on the rear of the car—though I was thinking of the glass, just below the "spoiler." I guess I'm also afraid of the one psychopath who is angered at the sight of the sticker and decides to deface my car (my old Corolla was keyed a month after I bought it, so I may be sensitive).

Or maybe I still just don't want to put ugly stickers on my cool-looking Prius.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, I am no law expert but it would seem to me that displaying "fake" decals is an infraction of the vehicle codes even if you have the real ones in your compartment. For instance, if someone puts on a fake license plate (while the real one hidden somewhere in the vehicle), will the cops give him/her a ticket? I dunno....

·
Registered
736 Posts
HOV stickers-another thread

Marlowe,
I understand about the defacing worry, as it has concerned me from the start. The only people in favor of this law are Prius owners. I'm hoping that mine will be less noticeable being down really low. Regarding theft, I have been trying to get in the habit of keeping the envelope the stickers came in on my passenger seat when I am using the stickers. That reminds me to take them off when I reach my destination, and return them to the glove compartment. I don't make a daily commute, so have only an occasional need to use the HOV lanes.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I also scanned them and made a copy for my front (where the stock locaiton is covered by the bra). I've had a couple fall off or be stolen, so I have a stack in the glove compartment.

I covered the latest ones with clear self-adhesive shelf paper. They won't last forever, but hey, the program expires in two years anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts