Toyota Prius Forum banner

How have you attached your HOV stickers?

• Exactly as the instructions indicate -- doesn't bother me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exactly as the instructions indicate -- they peel off without damage

• Stuck 'em on but in alternative locations (e.g. glass)

• Used magnetic material

• Used other method

• Still sitting in envelope, can't bring myself to stick them on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this has been discussed but I did look back at the existing threads and I'm still not sure what's working and what isn't. After the hideous drive from the airport last Thursday I'm getting close to sticking mine on the car but I really don't want to make a mess of the side panels. So after a few weeks, how are y'all fareing? I gather the place to get magnetic material is a sign shop -- I got some stuff from Office Depot that clearly isn't up to the job, but others said the same on a previous thread. Do the stickers really come off OK? Any problems encountered with alternative placement?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I see a lot of cars with them applied as the instructions require. To me, the value is in what they do for me. It gives me an extra 30 minutes to an hour every commuting day. That is worth a lot. I don't think they look bad at all and I'll deal with removing them when the time comes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I put two of mine on the rear windows. The other two are in the glovebox. The two in the windows are easily visible from any location a CHP might be.

I figure if I get pulled over, I'll say that I'm concerned about someone vandalizing my car (i.e. ripping off the stickers). If that was to happen, I'd much rather they get ripped off the windows than a painted surface.

DGStan

·
Registered
45 Posts
redwein said:
I see a lot of cars with them applied as the instructions require. To me, the value is in what they do for me. It gives me an extra 30 minutes to an hour every commuting day. That is worth a lot. I don't think they look bad at all and I'll deal with removing them when the time comes.
I concur.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was so excited to finally receive the HOV stickers. As I drove the freeways in San Diego I was very disappointed by the lack of HOV lanes.
Even in L.A., the lanes end where all the traffic is. OK, it is pretty nice to drive in those lanes by myself! Are they ever going to add more lanes?
Or do I just want everything now.

I did put the stickers as instructed. And I get the nastiest looks and wagging of fingers by people who don't have a clue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts