Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to place the stickers? Don't want to f-up the paint when they are removed (in only about two years when it expires in Cali), but don't want a ticket, either.

I would prefer to apply them to glass, not paint. A flat razor can remove it from glass, and naptha or other solvents can remove the remaining goo, if any.

Without knowing the exact size, I don't know if this would work, but on the sides, perhaps they would fit in the little triangular rear side windows. Yeah, it's not on the fender, but it's close enough to be seen any time the fender is visible. From the rear, the lower window would be possible, especially if it is to the right side where it wouldn't block much of the view through it (since a surprisingly large segnment is blackout out and not transparent anyway).

The front is a problem. I have a black bra on it, which would cover anything on the bumper. The windshield, as long and sloping as it is, is a candidate. Either the lower corner, or more daringly, top center (where the dot pattern is applied in front of the rearview mirror. It is nowhere near the bumper, but it would be very visible from anywhere in front.

I guess the only way to find out is to try it, and hope the CHP cruiser isn't too anal about it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
HOV sticker application

I'm with you on this issue. I plan to place two stickers on the inside in a temporary fashion, one in the lower rear window and one in either the right rear quarter window if it will fit, or else the right rear door window. In the LA area, it has been my observation that the CHP does not pay very close attention to the HOV lanes, as I regularly see single occupant vehicles, lane changes across the double yellow lines, and major speed violations in the carpool lanes. The previously issued access stickers for alternative powered vehicles (electric and dedicated natural gas) required only two stickers, why should we be different?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Putting them on the inside presents problems, too. The lower rear window is not only tinted, but also blacked out at the perimeter. The sides are a PITA to reach. I figure the outside is fine for those. It's the front I'm still thinking about...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts