Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen references on the forum to a "horizontal cargo net" which I assume would attach to the "D" rings in the floor at the front and back of the trunk area and stretch over the items in the trunk to hold them in place.
I've been unable to find this item in any of the after market web sites or on the Toyota site.
Would appreciate any help in finding this type of net.

·
Registered
37 Posts
look for them on Yahoo stores. I think it is DavidHonl (or something like that) that sells 'em. Also, if you check on Priuschat, you can find a code that'll get you a discount (10%?) on it.

I got one and am very happy. Shipped quick, works great!

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
37 Posts
Of course, the Toyota net refered to above is the vertical net, not the horizontal one. Both of which are useful, and can be used together.

I have both, and find the vertical to be a bit easier to use, but it doesn't hold as much as the horizontal one. The horizontal is perfect for holding down that case of Guinness :)

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was in a local dollar store (Dollar Tree) and saw cargo nets there. I already have one and didn't examine it closely for size and such but you might find it useful. Those stores seem to be all over.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
http://store.davidhonl.com/

I have the net. It fits very well and does attach to the rings. Works great to hold down sports equipment, etc. Mention Prius Online and they give you a discount.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hotlink in posting provided Description & Price

The Hotlink in the Horizontal Cargo Net listing
showed the description & price, after just clicking on it.

Price: 21.25

We got ours from David Honl with the 10% "PriusChat" discount,
and couldn't be happier!

2005 Driftwood Prius 2K miles Owners
2005 Silver Prius 9K miles Owners

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I think I paid $27 with free shipping. It fits perfectly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ALTERNATIVE Horizontal cargo net

Hyundai Santa Fe horizontal net $21.25 + $4.95 USPS Priority shipping = Total $26.10.

The Cargo Net Store Toyota Prius Cargo & Luggage Net (hatchback) $39.95 -$4.00 Priuschat discount + $3.99 Shipping = Total $39.94 CA add tax $2.97 = $42.91 (I'm in CA)

I was surpised to see The Cargo Net Store price increase from $24.95 to the current $39.95 so soon after the discount agreement at Priuschat. So, I decided to find an alternative. I found it in an early post on priuschat in an ongoing thread.

I cannot compare quality between these two horizontal nets. But can say, that the quality of the Hyundai Santa Fe horizontal net is comparable to that of the Toyota OEM verticle net.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts