Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the survey thread that several people mentioned their car's spreadsheet. Does the priis keep a running total of gas millages since "day 1"? I found a screen that keeps a running total for a given tank but it seems ot reset itself to zero miles each time I fill up.

If there is a screen on the computer that keeps a milliage history, could someone pls tell me how to access it? (I have a 2006 prius purcahsed in Oct of 2006 if that matters).

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
opps.. typo.. was trying to say 2005

Sorry for the typo.. my fingers hit the 6 instead of the 5. We purchased our car last Oct and that was before the 06 models came out. We thought about waiting for the 06 models for tax benefits but found that since we pay alternative minimum tax, we did not qualify for the tax savings that congress was introducing, so we decided ot go ahread and "get it now".

·
Registered
219 Posts
2006s reset the miles counted on a new tank, but not the MPG.

By the way, not to be unfriendly or anything, but it'd help if you use the subject line of your posts to talk about the subjects of the posts. People are more likely to visit a thread titled "Where does my Prius count lifetime MPG?" (because they know what it's about and whether they're interested or can help) than "Hope this isn't a dumb question" (which tells them almost nothing about what's inside), especially in this age of spam.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Some of us keep running Excel spreadsheets (manually entered in to a computer) because we have no lives beyond....

uhh, never mind.

In any case, the car itself only records the tank to tank numbers. if you want to do an Excell sheet, there are samples on this and other sites that you can get. If you search on 'spreadsheet' or 'Excel' you may find some.

Walt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.