Toyota Prius Forum banner

Honda Civic MPG report - 1 year

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Tadashi 
#1 ·
It's been over a year now since I first picked up my '04 Civic. When I was initially shopping for a hybrid I had a tough time finding concrete mpg information... matter of fact I didn't find any at all. I was considering both the Prius and the Civic at the time but went with the Civic due to sticker shock on the Prius. :shock:

I have maintained a careful log of all the times I've fueled up my car. For the most part I drive the car until I get the low fuel warning before I drive up to a gas station and fill up.

Car: 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT

Gas: I have used regular gas except for a few times that I experimented with premium gas but only to realize that regular was the way to go.

Maintenance: Two oil changes. Air filter changed once. Tire pressure maintained to specification.

Environmental conditions: California weather. Specifically SF Bay Area (Peninsula) weather conditions.

Road surface: No off-roading. Paved, level roads for the most part. Did some regular driving in the hills which I estimate would be less then 15% of the car's total mileage.

Driving habits: Nice and easy. Always looking ahead analyzing traffic conditions so as to avoid stop and go driving.

I hope this will answer a lot of mpg questions for everyone. I am curious to see a similar report but for a Prius. Enjoy! 8)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. I've never sought high milage figures this past year of ownership, have never changed my driving habits, and often drive with the MFD off. I drive my Prius just as I drove my minivan. I suppose you would say "aggressive" 70/75 on the freeways, aggressive acceleration entering freewars and passing and my yearly milage has been a constant 45mpg. (For me, that's not to shabby) and certainly acceptable.

#4 ·
MPG

Most wonderful, 04CivicHybrid! Nice work on keeping track of all the conditions in the MPG log. Makes it even more real-world. Your MPG is similar in pattern to mine.

The cooler temps (which, up here is sometimes 0 degrees F!) make for lower MPG.

And the cruises up into the Black Hills here (3,000 feet to 6,000 feet and back down to 3,000 feet again) always results in higher MPG. Just makes me want to go for a pleasure drive more often!

Congrats, I'm glad to see the info.

Cheers, :lol:

#5 ·
Interesting report.

Oh, my goodness, :shock:, I ignored non-Prius drivers in my mpg junkie REHAB program. :oops:

Honda Hybrid owners--Visit: Are you an mpg junkie ? post

So many to help, so little time. :cry:

#7 ·
Sanny said:
You've gotta catch 'em while they're still cubs, Bear! By the time the adult fur comes in, it's often too late!
Yeh, verily, you speaketh the truth.

Seek the young mind to mold, before they get old, and...well, moldy.

#8 ·
Here is my log for both mine and my wife's Prius. Both of our driving styles are at each end of the driving spectrum so you can avg the results.

I have overall cost (maint, mods, etc) included in my figures also.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.