Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over a year now since I first picked up my '04 Civic. When I was initially shopping for a hybrid I had a tough time finding concrete mpg information... matter of fact I didn't find any at all. I was considering both the Prius and the Civic at the time but went with the Civic due to sticker shock on the Prius. :shock:

I have maintained a careful log of all the times I've fueled up my car. For the most part I drive the car until I get the low fuel warning before I drive up to a gas station and fill up.

Car: 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT

Gas: I have used regular gas except for a few times that I experimented with premium gas but only to realize that regular was the way to go.

Maintenance: Two oil changes. Air filter changed once. Tire pressure maintained to specification.

Environmental conditions: California weather. Specifically SF Bay Area (Peninsula) weather conditions.

Road surface: No off-roading. Paved, level roads for the most part. Did some regular driving in the hills which I estimate would be less then 15% of the car's total mileage.

Driving habits: Nice and easy. Always looking ahead analyzing traffic conditions so as to avoid stop and go driving.

I hope this will answer a lot of mpg questions for everyone. I am curious to see a similar report but for a Prius. Enjoy! 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Thank you for the data. This will help those considering the Civic Hybrid and can help those doing comparisons.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ah nostalgia!!! gas at $2.15/gallon :lol: :lol:

The logger's mileage appears to echo mine; my work commutes are 47 miles one way with about 75% highway and a long descending/climbing 7% grade posted for 60mph.

for 2004 HCH manual, I averaged 47,worst was 32 and best was a 50.

I have had the 2005 Prius for 7082 miles and currently average 52mpg, even while cruise-locked, and A/C on at 60mph on that uphill 7% grade :wink: (Something that had the HCH down to 3rd gear and full throttle to maintain 50mph with the A/C off :? :?

Anyway, thanks alot for the post, 04CivicHybrid. Have you driven the '06 HCH to compare?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts