Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last! Honda's charge for honours in the family car market has begun. The new Civic hits the road this week, spearheaded by an innovative hybrid - and Auto Express was first behind the wheel.

The petrol-electric saloon is set to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show, and is being described as the most advanced machine of its type. Aimed squarely at the Toyota Prius, and expected to cost £16,000, the Civic IMA (it stands for Integrated Motor Assist) joins the hatch in UK showrooms in January.

First impressions are mixed. This is actually the eighth edition of Honda's small family car, and the first to be so dependent on design. But the styling of the new four-door is a world away from that of the stunning hatchback, which the manufacturer revealed for the first time at last March's Geneva Motor Show as a bright orange concept car.

Full Article: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/previews/5 ... c_ima.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, im quite new the the hybrid game, been trying to chip in on a few things and ask some questions from people to try and learn as much as possible. I have noticed that the Insight mk1 is nigh on impossible to find for sale, so Im going to see & test drive a 55 plate Honda Civic Hybrid on saturday. Its the first gen, 2006 registered & looks awesome.

Specs state its a 1.4 IMA, tax is only £20 notes for 12 month which I am very impressed with.

What sort of things should I look out for when I test drive it? How far should I take it etc?

Really like this forum, & depending on how it goes on Saturday I may come home with a Hybrid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts