Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the 2005 Prius handle high winds? I have an SUV right now and I can really feel the wind when I drive it. Can you really feel the wind while in the Prius? Does the wind make you sway a lot? Winds going to/from Las Vegas, NV or to/from Northern California or Southern California?

·
Registered
130 Posts
The cars are comparatively "light" Hood, tailgate and roof are aluminum but the things are really slippery. Designed in a wind tunnel you know. I've noticed no problems in six months but haven't had it in a hurricane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up our 05 from a rural dealer on a very windy day (gusts over 35 mph). Having read posts about wind issues, I was concerned about how the Prius would handle. Well, I had about 180 miles to test it with gusty cross-winds and overall I was very pleased with how it handled. The wind did catch me, but the car was not all over the road and I didn't feel like I was struggling to keep a line. I found the steering to be true even with the wind. It clearly outperformed my expectations in this regard (no better or worse than any other car I have owned).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts