Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse my ignorance.

Can I install Infinity Kappa speakers for both front and rear doors without any external amps while using the non-JBL headunit?

I'm investing hundreds of dollars so I want to make sure I am covering all the bases.

Thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
IndyDoug said:

Can I install Infinity Kappa speakers for both front and rear doors without any external amps while using the non-JBL headunit?

I'm investing hundreds of dollars so I want to make sure I am covering all the bases.

Thanks.
Sure, why not? Make sure the impedence is the same. You should be fine. I put higher end speakers in my car, and no extra amp. Nothing wrong with the sound, and everything is fine.

·
Registered
370 Posts
IndyDoug said:

Thanks.
Before spending the hundreds of dollars on new speakers, I would recommend getting a decent subwoofer. I've heard that even after upgrading the speakers, the deep lows are still missing. I added a sub and left the original speakers in place. It sounds great!

There's plenty of threads about subwoofers if you want to look around.

DGStan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put in the kappa's and they work pretty good down to 35 hz.
I will eventually add a sub woofer from my old car to get the last octave, but the Kappas are fine alone for most music.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Speakers....

Is removing the door panels to get at the speakers easy?

And was the sound noticably better?

Sometimes even though the speakers look cheap they sound pretty good.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts