Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A note for those of you WITHOUT the packages with the integrated bluetooth car kit.......

I just installed a Bluetooth handsfree car kit in my "HIDDEN DRAWER", and I placed it there so I could use the power outlet in the armrest to power it. With the power outlet turning on and off with the ignition, I just wired the ignition wire of the car kit to the plug, and whamo - instant bluetooth car kit that turns on and off with the ignition switch without tearing up under the dash or under the carpet.
I placed the volume switch on the the side of the armest, and I'm off an running....

I hope this takes some pressure off of the people who said it's a great place to hide your "tissue"......

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Hidden Drawer - More Than Just Tissue! How About Bluetoo

abjrjrm said:
A note for those of you WITHOUT the packages with the integrated bluetooth car kit.......

I just installed a Bluetooth handsfree car kit in my "HIDDEN DRAWER", and I placed it there so I could use the power outlet in the armrest to power it. With the power outlet turning on and off with the ignition, I just wired the ignition wire of the car kit to the plug, and whamo - instant bluetooth car kit that turns on and off with the ignition switch without tearing up under the dash or under the carpet.
I placed the volume switch on the the side of the armest, and I'm off an running....

I hope this takes some pressure off of the people who said it's a great place to hide your "tissue"......
Hrm. I keep a square box of tissue in the center console (in front of the 'floating' tray.) I keep an inverter in the 'hidden' drawer.

Although yesterday I bought a new inverter. More powerful, AND smaller. I might move it to the center console and find a new use for the hidden drawer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which bluetooth device did you install

Which bluetooth device did you put in the drawer?

I saw the tomtom gps has bluetooth with speaker, that looks like a good solution if you don't have gps or bluetooth, like me.

rex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts