Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have an Idea where to get replacement bulbs. The dealer has quoted me a price of around 250.00 Per bulb. I need Both. Hopefully someone else out their has better prices.

Thanks in advance

Ray

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If they simply burned out, and you are under 36K, they should be covered under warranty, as they should practically last the life of the car.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
firepro said:
Does anybody have an Idea where to get replacement bulbs. The dealer has quoted me a price of around 250.00 Per bulb. I need Both. Hopefully someone else out their has better prices.

Thanks in advance

Ray
Yep, the Prius is a great car at a great price, but they got ya by the bulbs. :cry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are only two types of hid bulbs that come from car factories. (D2S and D2R) I beleive ours are D2R and you could search for other stores that offer them cheaper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hid bulbs on all priuses

I'm not sure if i have hid bulbs....are they standard on all priuses or just on some? i have a 2004 prius package 3 (pretty basic).

·
Registered
129 Posts
then you have halogen. a good way to check if you have HID or not is to see if you have foglights. Prius with foglights have HIDs.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Re: hid bulbs on all priuses

davotto said:
I'm not sure if i have hid bulbs....are they standard on all priuses or just on some? i have a 2004 prius package 3 (pretty basic).
AF = 2004 Package #3
Rear Intermittent Window Wiper
Driver/Passenger Side & F/R Curtain Side Airbags

The Prius with the HID Headlamps also have the factory fog lamps.
(packages AM and BC)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
flare said:
then you have halogen. a good way to check if you have HID or not is to see if you have foglights. Prius with foglights have HIDs.
Footlights ? footlights ? the last time I was near footlights I was in the high school play. 8)

..f..o..g..l..i..g..h..t..s.. OH! :oops: , Never Mind. :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts