Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and I'm happy to join this forum, having just traded in my old 2002 Prius for a brand new 2005 model two days ago. I love the way it drives, and am VERY happy with the increased trunk space and roomier interior!

I bought an intermediate model which had the smart key option, cruise and stability control, but no navigation system. Can't remember all the letter designations I'm hoping that someday I can add one in after-market.

I was very lucky because the normal waiting period for one of these cars is about a month...certainly better than the 4-6 months it was last year. However, there happened to be one car on the lot that had been ordered by a customer who supposedly changed their color spec at the last minute. By coincidence, it was a silver one, same as my old Prius, so what could I do but buy it. So far the odometer is at 75 miles :).

Pity I have to service it every 5000 miles instead of every 7500 the way I did the old Prius, but I think thats a small price to pay. I love the car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome, Paul! I'm sure you'll find tons of valuable information on this forum, as we all have. You might want to check out priuschat.com also. Many of the same folks, and even more great info.

My baby arrives tomorrow. I can hardly stand the anticipation! I originally ordered last month and was supposed to get a Silver BC by the end of March, but I accidentally found a Black BC at another dealership over the weekend, and I'm picking it up tomorrow. I was really happy about this, as silver was my last choice color (I was settling just to get the car faster!) So in between reading all the boards, I'm also reading the PDF owners manual. My husband is totally sick of hearing about this car, so it's great to have another audience!

Happy motoring,
Lisa

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhh you got the fully loaded model I would have loved to have (I finally found a site that explained all the packages), it was just a LITTLE too pricey for me at the time. As I said, I hope I can add a couple of after-market options later.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cool!!

Mine's coming Friday... Silver T-Spirit (Top UK Spec) 2005!

Probably the same as you guys top model, but with the elusive EV button that you all chat about!

How come your ones don't have it?

S

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi
Re service intervals, it still seems strange that there is such a big difference between the UK and US. I shan't be taking my Prius in for it's first service until it's done 10,000 miles. Perhaps one day we shall why there is this discrepancy
Bob

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll take mine in early next year when it's a year old, I guess!

Which model do you have?

S

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The EV mode? Probably because of the EPA testing or maybe lawsuits that people may file by misusing it. Another possibility is that here, Toyota is marketing this as a 'regular' car so to speak. I think the reason it's included in UK is so that the Prius can be used in towns that disallow petrol-powered vehicles. Also I think the Prius is exempted from London's Congestion Charge

·
Registered
80 Posts
"I'll take mine in early next year when it's a year old, I guess!
Which model do you have? "

Hi
The basic model. I heard the fog lights are no great deal. I don't need cruise control (may change my mind on that), bought a Mio 168 for the navigation (works fine), so bought the basic model in blue. ps bought Toyota roof rack in case I get the canoe out again.
Bob (Lo'bro')

1 - 9 of 9 Posts