Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been enjoying our free maintainence up untill our next service and intend to start doing my own services and PM's. I'm looking to find out what service manuals are available for my 02' 1st gen prius. We've got a full home garage and tools, and an acceptable amount of skill, just need directions now................

Suggestions?

Thanks........

LadyTiki

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm, thanks for the suggestion but I had already done that.

http://search.ebay.com/prius_Manual...1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZ6029QQsojsZ1

As you can see, there is nothing for 29.95 it's more like 100 plus. The inexpensive ones are perhaps the owners manuals? We got ours with the vehicle and yes it does leave something to be desired. I'm wondering after not finding an aftermarket one, either haynes or chilton, if one has been made. Often I've been able to find online PDF versions availble, but I've had no luck with that either.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Sorry you are right about the cheaper ones listed being owners manuals. I have during the past year seen many "service manuals" listed for the classic Prius. They have all been for about a hundred dollars.
The 2005 set now listed for $128.00 has been selling for about $250.00 and up. They list for $407.00 and are as poorly written as the owners manual. For instance, the Brake system is scattered through out the three volume set and as poor an index as that of the owners manual. There have been no other books "clymer, Haynes, ect;" published for the Prius, probably as the publishers have not been able to decipher the factory service manuals. I have a three volume set of factory manuals for the 2004 and they are the poorest auto service manuals I have ever seen and almost worthless.
There is a CD for the complete manual but it comes with no index.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can download the manual, in small PDF pieces from techninfo.toyota.com for $10/day.
They have monthly and yearly rates too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts