Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,439 Posts
'04 tires

The 2004 pre-production vehicle seen at the UK Wimbleton preview
only had a can of run-flat goo in the spare tire area.

The 2004 pre-production vehicle recently seen by
Dianne from Carson Toyota had a donut spare in the back (but probably enough space for
a full-size spare).

The tires/rims on these pre-production vehicles have all been different, some even just for show.

The 2004 Prius comes standard with a low-tire-pressure warning monitor, like all new cars in the US will have to have in a couple of years by law. Only will tell you if you're dangerously underinflated, not just if your tires are low, though.
I haven't heard of the run-flat tires as standard, though.

According to Dianne, the pre-production model she saw and got a test-drive of felt very Camry-like, with the forward visibility of an Avalon, and the turning radius of the current Prius. She says it seemed even quieter than the current Prius.

· Premium Member
2,439 Posts
more good things...

I like the lack of vibration felt in the steering wheel (usually felt on other cars with the engine running). Lack of vibration helps reduce pain in sore wrists.

Fun to drive, so my other not as great on MPG/emissions car doesn't get driven as much (and now qualifies for low mileage auto insurance discount).
(at least until my 2004 Prius replaces that other car later this month!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.