Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These codes have come up on my 2004 Prius Gen 1 with 97,530 miles. If I replace the Coolant Flow Control Valve will my car pass a smog test? The guy at AutoZone told me that the P1150 kept a car from passing smog. Also are all these codes related in some way?

I lost my husband and want to have a clue about repairs when I take it to a mechanic. Don't want to be blindsided.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It looks like they are all related to the coolant control. This could be something as simple as a bad connection to the "coolant control valve" or that valve itself. During my search I found that there seems to be a problem with the valve getting stuck in a certain position. Don't know if it can be repaired or if you have to replace it. Start with the simple and check the connector to see of the contacts are dirty or corroded.

Click on the link I provided below and in the first panel on the left, click on your year (it should be the top one). When the page opens scroll down to the bottom of the of the codes listed and you will see where it says 1 of 5 and two boxes that say "Next" and "Last", click on the "Next" button and repeat until you reach page 4. Page 4 is where the codes you listed are at.

Here is a link that will give you a list of all (or most, if not all) for all Prius years 2004 thru 2015. Just click on your year and it will only list codes for that year.
Toyota Prius OBDII Codes Meaning | Engine-Codes.com | P1

Hope this helps in your quest for an honest mechanic and to keep you from being blindsided.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts