Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week i filled my tank up and it took over 3 gallons the weather was warm. today i went to fill the tank again, having driven only 125 miles in a week but the indicator on the dash says the tank is still full. i was only able to put in .5 gallons in the tank whats going on please can anyone help

·
Registered
81 Posts
quietman said:
last week i filled my tank up and it took over 3 gallons the weather was warm. today i went to fill the tank again, having driven only 125 miles in a week but the indicator on the dash says the tank is still full. i was only able to put in .5 gallons in the tank whats going on please can anyone help
If the tank was full, why the necessity of filling her up again?

Hey, you have done 125 miles with half a gallon, that's 250MPG, you ought to be happy! :D

Ehm, next week, when you fill her up with 4 gallons and the usual 125 miles, (that's 31MPG) won't worry, it's normal! :wink:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
quietman said:
In my experience, it is not unusual to go 100-120 miles before the first pip on the gauge disappears.

Although the gauge's precise block of pips may look like a digital readout of the exact amount of gas in the tank, it is really an analog gauge that is an approximation.

The amount of gas you pump can vary. Two variables that effect that, are temperature & the fill rate of the pump you are using.

So enjoy, sounds like everything is normal...and fill up less often :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts