Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the thing in today and was installing it had no problem with anything except getting the little flaps that go under the side of the headlights in place. The ones for the front of the headlights slide under no problem but the side ones will not. I must be doing something wrong the instructions don't say anything special. It is like the fit between the side of the headlight and fenders is too tight. Anybody else run into this please help.

Tony

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I didn't have a problem. I don't know if it matters, but be sure to follow the sequence they give in the instructions. You might try a credit card or other thin but soft object to provide a wedge.

My headlights weren't a problem, but I had a helluva time with the s-hooks that go into the bottom grille slots.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Installing Front End Mask

I was having the same problem. After futzing around with it I discovered that if you take the top of the side flap and insert it just beneath the headlight at about the 8 o'clock position, you can then slide it up beside the headlight fairly easily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone I got it all I had to do like was suggested start at the bottom and slide it up. Went on with out issue then.

Tony

·
Registered
344 Posts
We actually losened the healight assembly. But I wouldn't recommend it if you're not familiar with that kind of thing.

For the future, a screwdriver also works nicely. We removed ours to clean the paint recently and it was still hard to insert the side flaps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts