Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I couldn't find the previous post about reprogramming the sks?? so that driver can only unlock he's own door but not the others. currently it's set to default, that unlocking driver's unlocks all doors..

Anyone can help me how to customize the sks function? :) :D :D :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's te instructions:

Hold down the lock button and the panic button at the same time for 5 seconds (Car needs to be off).

Each time you do this, you'll change the setting.

Here's the settings:

1. Only driver's door unlocks when opening this door. All doors unlock when opening either of the other two doors.

2. All doors unlock when opening any door.

3. Only driver's door or back door will unlock when opening the respective door. All doors unlock when opening passenger's door.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
For a US car, it's in the owner's manual.
2004 manual, page 30.
Section 2-1, Operation of Instruments and Controls
Keys and Doors
Smart Entry and Start System
Changing the Doors to be Unlocked

(Basically, with the car off you press the lock and panic buttons on the remote fob simultaneously for about 5 seconds, which will change you to the next setting...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for all the info... sorry i didn't make it clear. I'm not in the US, in fact i'm in Australia. on my fob or in the car, i can't find the panic button......what does it look like? :D :D :D :D :D :? :? :? :?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
jys said:
thanks for all the info... sorry i didn't make it clear. I'm not in the US, in fact i'm in Australia. on my fob or in the car, i can't find the panic button......what does it look like? :D :D :D :D :D :? :? :? :?
Oh, that's easy. In Australia just take the instructions, do them backward- upside down, counterclockwise. And when the coca cola bottle falls from the sky... push the little black button on the door you want to control locking within 10 seconds of it hitting the ground.

Ok ok, I'm just having some fun from an old movie :D ...we (U.S.) all have a panic button on our fobs (small red rectangle with a horn picture on it, on same side of fob as lock/unlock) So if the Aussie fob doesnt have one, the instructions must be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts