Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Costco, Rouse and Big O in northern California and was told that they were not allowed to put Michelin tires on a Prius. The lady at Rouse told me that the Michelin legal department specifically ordered her to stop putting anything other than Bridgestone on Prii. Does anyone have any advice for me?

·
Registered
397 Posts
annkatz said:
I called Costco, Rouse and Big O in northern California and was told that they were not allowed to put Michelin tires on a Prius. The lady at Rouse told me that the Michelin legal department specifically ordered her to stop putting anything other than Bridgestone on Prii. Does anyone have any advice for me?
I would call Michelin and ask them to explain what you've been told. Their customer support number (800-847-3435) is open between 8:30 and 6:00 Eastern.

You could also do a search of back posts here as there have been quite a few threads discussing the ins and outs of selecting alternate tires for the Prius.

Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
First, you are obviously talking about a CLASSIC model, not the HSD.

Second, what other tire purchase shops do you still have available?

Third, since there haven't been any problems reported on the forums (just the opposite in fact, recommendations), I question the information you were told... especially since the next bigger size of tire is available (which clearly fulfills the weight requirement, even at a lower PSI) for the classic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
michelin and toyota phone fiasco

I spent several hours on the phone with Michelin yesterday. They were very nice and referred me to the tirerack website. They also called an Oakland dealer so we could have a 3-way conversation. We finally decided the problem was with Toyota so I called their 800#. I got someone who had to keep putting me on hold to get the answer to my questions. He refused to let me talk to whoever he was getting answers from. He also refused to put anything in writing in regards to my warranty. I was asked to evaluate their service and gave it the lowest possible rating. They said a supervisor would call me. So far no call. I still don't know what to do. Local dealers are refusing to put anything but Bridgestone on the car. :evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts