Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way to make the Prius driver's seat more comfortable for a long trip?? We're going to be driving 8 hours in one day and would like some help!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
What do you mean by more comfortable? I drove my 04 from PA to FL a couple of months ago and found the seat to be very comfortable for long drives. It's much more comfortable than my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I'm a little under 6 feet tall. If you're over 6 feet, it might not be as comfortable. I drive with the seat all the way back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am 6'4" and just made a 14 hr drive in one day and didn't feel any less comfortaable then in the camery which we used to do regulary getting 50+ miles to the gal sure didn't hurt either.
We did get the leather seat option maybe that is the reason for the comfort

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Several members have posted that for about $150.00 there are a couple of cushions that make the seats a little more teneble. I think the good "doc" might come up with a website. I didn't purchase any opting for my other car for long trips. Evidentually the comfort found in the seats is a personal thing although the only big complaint of the Prius has been the seats and their lack of comfortable adjustment.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Arm Rests

My wife and I have a couple of bath towels that we rolled up like tubes, that we use to wedge down between the arm rest on the door and the seat cushion. It gives you someplace to put your arm that's a little different height than the regular arm rest (which is too low in our 2002).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought a memory foam lumbar support at Brookstone, and I think it helps quite a bit. Tried several others, but they all took up too much seat room. This one fits like Goldilocks-- just right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Russell Roberson said:
Any way to make the Prius driver's seat more comfortable for a long trip?? We're going to be driving 8 hours in one day and would like some help!
We just returned from a 61/2 hour trip and we were very comfortable. I am 6'2" with bad knees. Every other car that I have used for this trip caused my knees to be stiff when getting out of the car after a few hours. Not the Prius!

·
Registered
35 Posts
seat cushion

for those dreaded trips on the freeway to LA, i found that a 1 inch thick foam seat cushion from WalMart (the kind you put on a diningroom chair, but thinner) was perfect. It was cheap. I place it so the front of it hits under my knee joint. (I wish the Prius seats were a bit deeper and had height adjustment). The cushion raises me up a bit and puts me in a better seating position in regards to back support. I don't use the cushion for driving around town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts