Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife may have waited too long for the second Prius. Just contacted the dealer that sold at MSRP during the long waits in '04 and they want two or three grand over MSRP. Any info on sane dealers in the area will be appreciated. :roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would call the internet/fleet folks at Right Toyota. They have been selling the Prius for MSRP. The salesmen on the floor offered $3k over MSRP if I paid them that day... ha!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Always keep in mind that a car salesman usually doesn't know what he's talking about.

Speak to a fleet manager or internet salesperson - people who are usually up the food chain from the floor salespeople and actually have some authority.

I haven't heard of people paying above-MSRP for the Prius in over a year.

·
Registered
610 Posts
hyperion makes sense...

No reason you can't shop many states and have an excellent chance to find your Prius at MSRP, then fly/drive to return home. You might even bargain for airport pickup or reimbursement of cab fare.

Having a "trade" could present a challenge... but aside from that you could potentially save enough over a surcharge of $3-$4K to make selling your old car yourself AND taking a nice flight and drive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys, but the salesman I dealt with originally was a fleet person and he's the one that I contacted today at Right Toyota. Any difference using the internet method?

Also do any of you Phoenix area folks ever get together to share stories or what ever?

Cheers, Arnie :D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Internet people usually have more sense, and don't diddle with the buyer. They know (or suspect) you are looking at several internet prices, and aren't going to spend time jawing about it. You did your research, know what they should cost, so you'll just move on. Floor salespeople haven't learned that yet. Talk to internet sales, and see how you do - even at same dealership. Try using edmunds.com to get an email to that person, if you cannot find a link to him/her on the dealer's website, or cannot connect by phone.

Over MSRP isn't reasonable just now (at least not in most markets represented by this crowd).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, you guys are great but I think I've got one. A small town Arizona dealer had found everything but VSC (Pkg 3 not 4) not too far away. I think he'll find a silver 4 before too long and of course at MSRP. So I'll have to pass on the trips to DC and Boston this time.

Love this site.

Arnie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.