Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had time to read the entire manual (will bring with me on the plane) but am leaving tomorrow a.m. (Tues) till Sunday - do I need to have a neighbor take it for a spin or anything? I promise I'll read the manual and this forum upon my return and not ask redundant questions!!! Just don't want to ruin the battery. On a drive last night, I was stuck in traffic and the battery lines got scarily low...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I usually leave the headlights on all the time since they turn off when you get out of the car. Just to be safe I turned them off when I was away. If you look under the steering column you should see the button for turning off the SKS. You can still lock the car using the button on the fob and just have to remember to turn the SKS back on when you get back.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Make sure the interior lights are out before you leave. That is, make sure the doors and hatch are firmly closed. Several new and older owners have drained the battery with the lights - they draw over 1/2 amp and will drain the 12V battery in four to eight days. The "traction battery" is disconnected from the car when you power it off. It'll be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.