Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this was not asked before and sorry if it was...

Is there a way to disable the grey out of option on the Nav system while your driving?

Let me explain:
When you are stopped, you can press certain buttons but as soon as you start moving, those buttons are greyed out.

Thank you

Ezzn

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Ezzn said:
Is there a way to disable the grey out of option on the Nav system while your driving?

Coastal Tech. Go to the board on here where Coastal Dave announced his new "toys." He's got a mod. Otherwise, no, there's not a way to do it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sanny said:
Ezzn said:

Coastal Tech. Go to the board on here where Coastal Dave announced his new "toys." He's got a mod. Otherwise, no, there's not a way to do it.

Actually Sanny, there is a way - I've done it myself. I am extremely happy with this mod (I did the phone as well).

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/-kb-how-to-install-a-navigation-system-defeat-switch-vt999.html

It wasn't simple, but if I can do it, how hard could it be? I found some more documentation on PC that pointed me to a different location to tap into the signal (by the MFD). Look around, I'm sure you can find it.

Here's a picture of my EV button with the NAV/Phone speed sensor defeat switch below it.

DGStan

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Doesn't the law (depending on state) say if the mod affects what is broken, then you could forfeit your warranty.. its a grey area depending on if the mod is fine, but it would be broken even with or without it.. then it'll be an argument to duke out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm surprised more people don't make a stink about this, and that most of these posts are a couple of years old. That's the thing with most of us Americans. You say that's the way it is, and we accept it as fact, and either work around it or deal with it. If it was a one seat car, I think Toyota would have a valid argument. Personally, I see people reading while driving....maybe someone needs to ban books in cars. I promise this is my last post on the subject :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts