Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had two taller-than-average people in our Prius. One - we’ll call him “Otto,” just in case he sees this - is 6’2” and can charitably be described as two-hundred-and-something pounds. He exited with an “I gotta get me one of these thangs” attitude. In contrast, my brother-in-law, who’s also 6’2” but rail thin - he bicycles 25 miles to work two days a week - opined that he had to wait until something bigger came along. The difference? My brother-in-law's height is in his legs. I don’t know how long Otto’s legs are, but he appears have quite a bit of torso in order to, umm, store everything he has there.

This is NOT an issue of my brother-in-law wanting a reason not to like the car. He’s greener than I am, and resents having to drive an Outback.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Odd. I'm a tall-in-the-torso AND tall-in-the-legs sort, and I find that there's plenty of legroom both front and back. Plenty of headroom up front, but a little lacking in back. (If I try to sit fully upright in the seat, my head hits the roof.) If I slouch a little in the back, I'm comfortable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have long legs and yeah, I wasn't comfortable at all in the Prius. With the seat all the way back, the lower part of my thighs weren't even touching the seat.

By undoing the front bolts that hold the seat down and putting washers or spacers between the seat and the floor of the car, just for the front bolts, I was able to raise up the front part of the seat for more support. He would need to buy longer bolts to account for the washers. The caveat is that this modification raises the seat somewhat.

Additionally, he could remove the plastic piece that the left foot rests against. This would give him more leg room, too.

I know we're all different in build, but FWIW, my last car was an Outback, too. My legs very comfortable in that car and by making this mod, I was able to make the Prius as comfy as my Outback.

Cheers,

-bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts