Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself turning adjustment up and down during the day vs night to see speed. Seems when lights are on in the day time, the speed is not visible so I can either crank adjustment past click point or turn off headlights to get it bright enough to see it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you aren't using the "Daytime Screen" function (under the "Display" section of your MFD) you may want to try that as well. I find that I can usually get a pretty good look at all the readouts, no matter how bright it gets inside my car.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moocatdog said:
If you aren't using the "Daytime Screen" function (under the "Display" section of your MFD) you may want to try that as well. I find that I can usually get a pretty good look at all the readouts, no matter how bright it gets inside my car.
Drive happy,
I am talking speedometer not GPS, I know about that day/night setting on it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
jimb said:
I find myself turning adjustment up and down during the day vs night to see speed. Seems when lights are on in the day time, the speed is not visible so I can either crank adjustment past click point or turn off headlights to get it bright enough to see it.
I drive with my headlights on all the time, and I don't have any problems seeing the speed readout, or any other displays.

·
Registered
397 Posts
jimb said:
I am talking speedometer not GPS, I know about that day/night setting on it.
Ahh, so you were. Sorry for that oversight. Like mgaelli, I drive with my headlights on all the time, but I use the little wheel to adjust my dashboard for day or night as well; it's the only solution I've found.
Drive happy,

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
moocatdog said:
I drive with my headlights on all the time, but I use the little wheel to adjust my dashboard for day or night as well; it's the only solution I've found.
Drive happy,
Yeah, me too, it's okay. Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
......but I use the little wheel to adjust my dashboard for day or night as well; it's the only solution I've found.
Drive happy,
Moo :)[/quote]

I do NOT use my lights during the day as it seems to sap the battery- big time...... (I checked the "energy" screen.) Big difference in energy conservation when I drive with the lights OFF during the day.

I turned the little wheel all the way "up" to the brightest setting when I first got the car. It stays at that position day and night-- all the time.

Happy driving!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts