Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every car I have ever owned with clear plastic headlight/taillight covers has had that clear plastic fog up over time.

Is there anything on the market that would prevent that?

This car has some beautiful lights, I'd like to keep them that way!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is there anything on the market that would prevent that?
Yes........My Chevy clear fog lights would show condensation on the inside so I went to my dealer and they applied my warranty to cover this.
I would guess that the seal was defective. Or are you implying that the plastic degrades over time and allows water in?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am refering to plastic degradation

I think its UV light that causes the plastic to turn cloudy over the years. I am wondering if anyone knows of a product to prevent that.

These lights on the Prius would lokk horrendous if that clear plastic clouds up.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Re: I am refering to plastic degradation

tryoty said:
I think its UV light that causes the plastic to turn cloudy over the years. I am wondering if anyone knows of a product to prevent that.
Coppertone SPF 30?

Teflon is supposedly 100% UV reflective...maybe some kind of coating?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I'll vouch for 303 protectant. A very good product. Not just good, great. Although I see very few places I'd use it on the Prius becasue of the matte finish almost everyplace. But on older cars where the vinyls are smooth it works out just great and really makes a difference in longevity.

But it might be worth trying out on those lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts