Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about the head light settings on my new '05. The book says there are 3 settings for the head lights. One is parking lights, one is normal headlights and the last setting is an "Auto" setting. The book says the "auto" setting will turn on and off the head light depending on how dark or light it is.

Well there is no auto setting, I just have off, parking and on. Am I missing something?

-dexter

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
What were the options you selected when purchasing the car? Did you have "auto" headlights in one of the option packages? The owner's manual covers many options that may not be on the car. I suspect this is one of them. I have the same thing with my 04 owner's manual.

You can leave your headlights on all of the time. When you power off and open the drivers door, the headlights will go off. They will go on again when you power back on. The other alternative is to manually turn them on when you need them (rain, snow, fog, darkness).

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Even loaded, the US Prius doesn't have auto headlights. I think the manual covers US and Canada, and the auto headlights are available there. No luck here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sanny said:
I think the manual covers US and Canada, and the auto headlights are available there. No luck here.
Make sense, cause mine is a package 6, fully loaded.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes, I went through the same thing and it took me a while to realize some of the options in the manual are not on my (Pkg 6) Prius.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts