Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha from Hawaii!!
My new Prius will also be arriving within the month!!!! I'm doing my homework on the extended warranty and in the process discovered our region does not sell the Toyota Financial Services, Extra Care. Does anyone know if I would run into any kind of problem if I were to purchase the extended warranty through Troy at Greenfield Toyota? Our costs for an extended warranty in Hawaii is doubled and offerred by other companies.

Any suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated since I can't drive to the next State that would honor TFS Extra Care! MAHALO!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
debee said:
Aloha from Hawaii!!
My new Prius will also be arriving within the month!!!! I'm doing my homework on the extended warranty and in the process discovered our region does not sell the Toyota Financial Services, Extra Care. Does anyone know if I would run into any kind of problem if I were to purchase the extended warranty through Troy at Greenfield Toyota? Our costs for an extended warranty in Hawaii is doubled and offerred by other companies.

Any suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated since I can't drive to the next State that would honor TFS Extra Care! MAHALO!!!
Debee,
This is interesting. Out of curiousity, I called Toyota and asked about extended care plans on Hawaii. The Customer Service rep said that if a dealer sells TFS Extra Care, they should honor the agreement no matter where the plan is purchased (I would ask for this in writing!). However, if a particular dealership does not sell TFS extended warranties, then they don't have to honor a TFS agreement. He had no way of knowing if any of the dealerships in Hawaii do offer TFS plans, but recommended calling around to each of them and asking--which you may have already done.

Drive happy,
Moo :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts