Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had the recall work done..the ECM was "flashed" (I have this weird mental picture of several tech standing around in long black raincoats, exposing themselves to my car)....took four hours. Never had any stalling prior to the recall, things seem to be running ok since the recall work, except for a slight shudder when the ICE shuts off. NEVER had this before. It..... just......shut down. Now, it does a lil shake before shutting off. This started immediately after the recall work. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have had an occasional shutter ever since the car was new. It only seems to happen on the first shut down after starting the car that has been sitting for a few hours, but not enough to get completely cooled down. Is it possible this is the same thing. The car was sitting in the dealership for a while so it wasn't completely warm nor completely cold. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
MarkWilliams said:
the ECM was "flashed" (I have this weird mental picture of several tech standing around in long black raincoats, exposing themselves to my car)... Now it does a lil shake before shutting off. This started immediately after the recall work. Has anyone else experienced this?
I just had the recall done. No difference in operation.

·
Registered
457 Posts
"except for a slight shudder when the ICE shuts off."
My 04 does that from time to time. Usually I can't feel it shut down but now and then there's a little shudder. In conventional ICE's it's usually the sign of a "tight" engine that fires (diesels) on compression but this engine system is different than anything I've driven (or flown) before. I doubt if the P50 upgrade would affect it but..ya never know for sure. If it does it everytime I'd squawk it to my dealer.
I'm scheduled for my Flashing on Tuesday. I'll be alert for the long rain coats. ~JD~

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
My theory is that shuddering is caused by excess fuel vapor in the intake being burned that got there when the atkinson/miller cycle pushed fueled air back out the intake during the early part of the compression cycle. All you have to do is run the ICE with spark but no fuel.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
[ 8)

·
Registered
48 Posts
except for a slight shudder when the ICE shuts off
Mine only shudder when the ICE is cold, once it warms up, I can't tell when it goes off..

If the ICE is cold and it shudders to a stop and I let it roll forward, then it feels like it double-shudders (??). Doesn't happn at all once it warms up!!
:?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got flashed this week. Painless. No PTSS. Car runs just like before. Recall completed sticker under hood. San Diego Toyota. Good shop. They speak Prius.

1.Oil/filter change: 3.5 qts as requested. (I bought the 5-30 Castrol Syntec)
2. Rotate tires.
3.fill squirter tank with blue stuff
4. Set tire press @ 42/40 as requested
5. Complete P50 upgrade.
6. Ran computer scan for other fix-it items. None found..none wanted.
~~~~ $35.70
* I saw several new 06 models. Those new tail lights really jump out you.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
JDavies said:
I got flashed this week. Painless. No PTSS. Car runs just like before. Recall completed sticker under hood. San Diego Toyota. Good shop. They speak Prius.

1.Oil/filter change: 3.5 qts as requested. (I bought the 5-30 Castrol Syntec)
2. Rotate tires.
3.fill squirter tank with blue stuff
4. Set tire press @ 42/40 as requested
5. Complete P50 upgrade.
6. Ran computer scan for other fix-it items. None found..none wanted.
~~~~ $35.70
* I saw several new 06 models. Those new tail lights really jump out you.
...what is PTSS ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
"what is PTSS ?"
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts