Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Package 4 Black/Grey back on April 9, MSRP in VA. I think I've read every post on the various prius forums in the meantime.. Supposedly my car is coming in on the 15th this month (who delivers on a Sunday anyway), anyone know when I can expect a VIN number from the dealer? -Although, if I do get the VIN beforehand, theres a chance I'll get it tatooed :twisted:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ha, must be nice. We waited over 4 months- with a dying car no less!

And yes, they will deliver on a Sunday or late at night or whenever. A truck came in at 8pm once and they handed my hubby a stack of Prius pre-delivery inspection sheets and told him to get to work as they called all the people waiting for their new Prii.

They should get the VIN once their shipment is confirmed. We got ours about 4 days before the car came off the truck.

Congrats on the new wheels :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
sanguis said:
Ordered my Package 4 Black/Grey back on April 9, MSRP in VA. I think I've read every post on the various prius forums in the meantime.. Supposedly my car is coming in on the 15th this month
That's a pretty short wait time. I ordered mine on March 23 and the dealer called last week and said the boat reaches port (Jacksonville FL) on May 7 (this Saturday.)

Now I wonder how long before the car gets to the dealer (in Fort Myers FL)...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
rwlade, are you paying over MSRP? I have had inquiries about my car, but I am under the understanding that all the dealers around here add market adjustment charge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Dan,

No, they originally wanted to tack on an additional $1,500 for what they called something like "market pressure", but I balked and they dropped it. The car should arrive in Jacksonville on the boat on Saturday. I'll let you know what the ultimate price is once I find out what "extras" are on the car...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am getting mine on the 20th the boat hit port on the 13th I have had over a 7 week wait which i guess isnt to bad I am paying MSRP i got a package 6 leather and mats around what else can they stick on it? :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt order floor mats with my car, I may have to order some aftermarket ones. :?
I think the only thing Toyota or the "port" could add is the rear bumper applique, I've seen it on a car and I didnt like it --I think it is essentially a big clear sticker with some glitter thrown in and big, gray 'PRIUS' lettering that they put on the rear bumper, facing up (skywards). If mine shows up with that I'm going to ask them to peel it off :!:

my countdown is at 3 days! goodbye 13mpg, hello 45mpg!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
SET added "toyoguard" protection for $619 to mine... and charged $290 for floormats. and of course their own destination charge. added nearly $1000 to the sticker price.

we bought the mudguards, plastic bumper protector and front end cover.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered mine on April 15th, and had been told that 6 weeks was usually the longest wait (my buyer had guessed 4 or 5 weeks tops).

Well I'm into my sixth week and when I called my dealer he didn't think until the beginning of July, now. Which is now cutting into a lot of needed travelling (I don't have a car)

The only redeeming thing about this is the price, as I only paid $1,000 over dealer cost. My dealer assures me that it's not lack of incentive for him involved here, but rather the particular combo of colours/features ordered versus what Toyota shipped to Canada on the latest boat - which I'm inclined to believe for now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You guys make me feel bad. I ordered a package #3 Black exterior with the Burgandy\Gray interior the 3rd week of February. I was told 3 to 4 month wait. Which I was more than willing to wait.

The following week I got a call from the dealer that a car the same colors I wanted but with package #5 came in that the original buyer could no longer take because of family problems. Since no one else wanted the color combo I did that was on their ordering list I was asked if I wanted the car.

So a week and half after I ordered mine I drove it home. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
rwlade said:
sanguis said:
Ordered my Package 4 Black/Grey back on April 9, MSRP in VA. I think I've read every post on the various prius forums in the meantime.. Supposedly my car is coming in on the 15th this month
That's a pretty short wait time. I ordered mine on March 23 and the dealer called last week and said the boat reaches port (Jacksonville FL) on May 7 (this Saturday.)

Now I wonder how long before the car gets to the dealer (in Fort Myers FL)...
Took mine 4 days to get from Jacksonville to Mobile :-(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quoted at least a year wait locally. Drove 40 miles to next town. Quoted 6 mo. wait. Said okay, put me on the list. Drove home and there was a msg on my phone. Since I said I would pay cash for a #6 pkg, any color. They hit the phones to other dealers in the area. Found a Driftwood and asked if I wanted it. Yep (wife liked that color anyway). Drove down the next morning and got it for MSRP. No dealer packs and they threw in the mats, first aid kit, net in the back. I asked about their 6 mo. waiting list. They said that cash money talks. I gave them a check and drove away. Total wait was 18 hrs.

If you want one, look around. How far are you willing to travel for one to excape the wait?

P. S. I was able to pay cash as I have been making car payments to myself and letting it gather interest for me for the last 6 yrs. Now I am continuing payments to myself or my next car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts