Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm thinking of ordering the Tideland Pearl 2004. I haven't seen one in person though and am wondering - is it more gray or more light green? I can't tell from the pictures I have seen on the web!

Thanks,

Laurie

·
Registered
48 Posts
ljmesser said:
Hello,

I'm thinking of ordering the Tideland Pearl 2004. I haven't seen one in person though and am wondering - is it more gray or more light green? I can't tell from the pictures I have seen on the web!

Thanks,

Laurie
You can't tell because the tideland is both gray and green. It depends on the lighting conditions. The fun thing about the color is that it is changing all the time. Each time you look at the car it might look different. You'll never get tired of the color.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ljmesser said:
I have a tideland pearl. It is more gray, rather on the light charcoal side with a lovely cast of green. Think of it as a slate green.

I've seen photos on the web, too and they do not do this color justice. It's very understated, it doesn't scream "green" but it's definitely not just gray.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the opportunity to view a tideland pearl up close and personal a couple of days ago - bright sun - Can confirm tht the color is a charcoal Grey no hint of green to me.
Salsa Red

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I have a tideland pearl and as previously stated it is more gray than green .I had ordered a silver and was told I would have a three month wait. A week later my dealer called and said he could get me the tideland pearl right away. I said ok and in 2 weeks from the time I ordered I had my new Prius and I love the color way different than the color on the Toyota web site for building your own Prius.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd suggested to my dealer that they should have paint ships, paint on steel. I don't think any of the colors were represented well on the web page. I drove around to several dealerships to see as many colors as I could, and only found 3 or 4. With as few of these as there are around, I think the color chips would help a lot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your responses! I ended up ordering the salsa red... but we'll see what comes in first!

Laurie

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just a reminder that you don't order a Prius, you state your preferences, cross your fingers and hold your breath. Don't forget to check e-Bay, too.
Good luck with your 'order'.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordering one specific color can delay the arrival of your car.

I had 3 choices of colors and ended up with a silver....which, in the long run, really was my top choice.

I ordered my car the end of October and got it December 29. My salesman originally told me that it would be 4 to 6 weeks. But when I called in early December to find out when it would arrive, the business manager said that it would not be there before the end of January.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts

I had 3 choices of colors and ended up with a silver....which, in the long run, really was my top choice.

I ordered my car the end of October and got it December 29. My salesman originally told me that it would be 4 to 6 weeks. But when I called in early December to find out when it would arrive, the business manager said that it would not be there before the end of January.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was told the wait would be 4 months. Although I'm really excited about the Prius, my current car is running just fine (knock on wood) so I'm okay to wait as long as it takes.

Crossing my fingers....

Laurie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts