Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read a few posts that once a prius comes in, it has extras like floor mats and leather interior. Since we didn't order any of these extra's we don't want to have to pay for them. In fact, we are already paying quite a lot extra because they only have package #9's available.

Has anyone tried to refuse these extra while still received their promised car? :roll:

We are expecting our new prius in the next couple of weeks and want to try and be prepared for what they may throw at us when the car arrives!

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
they actually have a separate pricing scheme attached to them, so in THEORY they would be able to NOT give them to you and subtract that from the price. (i'm talking about floor mats, first aid kit, cargo net).

we have a #9 but no leather - i think that is standard #9.

we really didn't want all of the extras and were VERY unhappy about having to pay for them (if we didn't want to argue, and by that point, we were done arguing, so we gave in). BUT, I'm really glad we got everything listed above (except the silly first aid kit). The cargo net is VERY worth while, as are the floor mats (we have a tan interior).

In the grand scheme of things, who cares about the extras. If you're on a tight budget, maybe the Prius #9 isn't your car. If you're on a tight budget and Prius #9 *is* your car, then suck it up and get the extras. You'll look back and be happy I think.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I rejected all the extras in my #9 except for the mirror. But I saw later that the mirror w/homelink was supposed to be part of #9. I think my dealer got a free $300 from me. That, plus the market value charge. Grrrr! :x

So I probably won't go there ever again. There are three other dealers here in Orlando, and a couple out on the coast where I can buy my future Toyotas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the opportunity to bid on a silver #9. The dealer had already added a couple of items and was looking for MSRP + 2K, but I bid the MSRP. (One of them is a grossly overpriced wax job that cannot be undone.) I am sure somebody outbid me, but at least the dealer should get the message... Don't add anything I did not ask for!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts