Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
852 Posts
Electromagnetic Fields

I don't know if this helps at all, but a regular compass is useless inside the car. You have to move 30-40 feet away for a compass to read correctly.

This probably gives no indication of the strength of the magnetic field, since a compass is easily affected by flux lines; but your question is interesting and I await an educated response.

Thanks...

· Registered
852 Posts
Harmful Electro-Magnetic Radiation

Despite the jeers from the peanut gallery, this remains a valid question. Having worked around high voltage and military RADAR systems earlier in my life, electro-magnetic radiation could be hazardous over the long term and might be a valid concern.

Along with the first writer, I would like to hear if anyone has measured the flux density inside a Prius. We all live in areas that are bombarded with low levels of radiation, but a couple of hours a day at close proximity (in your Prius) might significantly increase that exposure.

There seems to be several technical people on this site. Does anyone have access to test equipment to take readings?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.