Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After scouring this site and others for a cell phone and service provider (had to switch from Verizon) that would work with my Prius, I'm happy to report that I had success.

I not only was able to transmit my entire contact list from the phone in one pass, but have made many hands-free calls thru the Prius speakers and using the remote controls on the steering wheel.

It's pretty cool. As soon as I get into the car and push the on button, I get a message on the monitor that the bluetooth system in the car has recognized the phone in my pocket.

No more fumbling with the phone while trying to merge onto the freeway. No buyer's remorse here.

Chuck

Phone: Unlocked Sony Ericcson T637
Service: Cingular
Car: 2005 Prius
Color: Tideland Pearl
Accessory Pkg: Option 6

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sure... rub it in...

But seriously, glad it works for you. I've tried other cell carriers, and in this burg anyway, all others just suck little green weenies compared to Verizon. I've accepted the overall service quality / phone book transfer capability tradeoff. All other Bluetooth functions work fine with my Verizon Moto V710 and my Prius, so it's all good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Green Weenie

Thomme said:
Sure... rub it in...

But seriously, glad it works for you. I've tried other cell carriers, and in this burg anyway, all others just suck little green weenies compared to Verizon. I've accepted the overall service quality / phone book transfer capability tradeoff. All other Bluetooth functions work fine with my Verizon Moto V710 and my Prius, so it's all good.
Anyone who was a fan of the 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates knows what the REAL green weenie is!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jabra A210 Bluetooth Adapter Compatible with 2005 Pruis

Does anyone know if the Jabra A210 Bluetooth Adapter for Non-Bluetooth phones is compatible with the 2005 Prius Bluetooth phone feature.

I have a new Verizon LG VX4500 mobile phone and was considering getting the Jabra A210 Bluetooth Adapter to link the phone with the Prius Bluetooth system. The Verizon store salesperson said she thought it would work.

I already have the LG VX4500 phone and am considering the Jabra adapter. I want to stay with Verizon, but unfortunately cannot have a phone with a built-in camera. Thus, my choices are limited as there aren't many Bluetooth phones without a built-in cameras now.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a A210 yesterday and couldn't it to to connect my Treo 600 to my Prius. The prius requires a passcode to be entered but theres no way to do that on the Jabra device. Maybe there is a trick to get it to work but it was a great excuse for me to upgrade my phone. I ended up returning it and ordering a Treo 650 which has bluetooth built in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Urgo said:
I picked up a A210 yesterday and couldn't it to to connect my Treo 600 to my Prius. The prius requires a passcode to be entered but theres no way to do that on the Jabra device. Maybe there is a trick to get it to work but it was a great excuse for me to upgrade my phone. I ended up returning it and ordering a Treo 650 which has bluetooth built in.
I'm in the same boat. Looks like the Bluetooth in the Prius supports the deprecated "Hands-free" protocol, but not the "Handset" protocol that replaced it. I've sent an email to both Toyota and Denso. Toyota support doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about and I haven't heard from Denso yet. It's a shame because I know a lot of people without bluetooth phones would love to have a simple bluetooth connection to the Prius.

You may still have Treo 650 bluetooth problems, but people have gotten it working somewhat reasonably. It seems that Palm hasn't gotten their bluetooth working bug-free.

Code:
I heard back from Denso. Their response was an "It's not our problem, take it up with Toyota".  Sheesh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts