Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to have the alarm serviced and they outsourced it to a place 15 miles away. I reset the trip comp to read the mileage I would be getting when they serviced it.

They drove it 31 miles and got around 35 mpg. I only get that when I drive the car hard. Does this mean that they gunned my car when they drove it. Most of is should have been highway. I am suspicious about who was driving the car.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think it would be obvious--they left the car on and "ready" while they worked on it. You don't say if you're driving an NHW11 or NHW20, but both of them need to run the engine periodically to maintain battery state-of-charge and keep the engine warm.

Douglas (2002 Silver, Wisconsin)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
ratpack said:
I took my car to have the alarm serviced and they outsourced it to a place 15 miles away. I reset the trip comp to read the mileage I would be getting when they serviced it.

They drove it 31 miles and got around 35 mpg. I only get that when I drive the car hard. Does this mean that they gunned my car when they drove it. Most of is should have been highway. I am suspicious about who was driving the car.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
You probably get the same mileage the first 5 minutes of each trip. Multiple short hops will give you crappy MPG. They just never drove it very far at one time.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Douglas and Hep are right.

When I got my windows tinted, the installer insisted that I leave the vehicle "on" so he could roll the windows up and down with ease. He took about 45 minutes, and my gas mileage had fallen to the high 30's, I think. I was able to recover a bit by the end of that tank, but it was a challenge, and I never really made it back to "norm" until the next tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts