Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beware of running out in hot weather! I keep my car in garage which is usually between 62' & 70'F. When outside temp is in high 80's, Guess Gauge doesn't usually drop unless car is in garage. Recent tank Experience!
First bar dropped at 165 miles, after car sat overnight. At 414 miles it dropped from 1/2 tank to 4 bars. Ran it 176 miles yesterday and dropped to three when I put car in garage, at 590 miles. This AM dropped to 3 when I started car, and at 596 it dropped to 2, at 602 it dropped to 1, and at 608 Flasher & messages went off, Temperature from 86 yesterday down to 65 today! Wow!

Don Good

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction: It dropped to three at 1/2 way thru the 176 mile trip while parked in shade at New Hope. Stayed at three until this AM. Sorry!

Don Good

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they've had problems with their Prius with hot weather? If hot weather's a problem, I live in Central Fla., so I need to know that before I buy! :?

·
Registered
928 Posts
On days when the outside temperature reads over 100 my front passenger window sometimes won't roll down. Other than that, I've had no heat related problems. Pikachu has been through two summers in NJ with me, and this last one was HOT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts