Toyota Prius Forum banner

group gatherings...what do you do?

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  efusco 
I don't really understand these "club" things. When I was in a local Corvette club, we just went someplace to eat. Eat, eat, eat...at some local buffet where you load your plate up with these little shovels...

Unless it was to go to races at Daytona. Not much better than pig-out events, because to me, car races are noisy and boring. I'm not the type to sit around drinking beer all day while baking in the Florida heat watching noisy cars going 'round and 'round in circles all damned day.

Besides, I'd rather be driving than watching!

Occasionally, we would have a massive "drive" someplace, but then you have to contend with a bunch of other people on the road in cars almost exactly like your own, and it's like being in a bunch of lemmings, all going to the same place. When I drive for recreation, I like to choose my own way on a whim and the wind.

Although I might show up occasionally at a local event, just to meet some folks, for the most part these driving meet-ups are really not for me....not on an ongoing basis, anyhow.

I would go to meet with other Prius drivers, but I would not be inclined to join a club.

I was in a Corvette club. All they ever did was eat at Shoney's once a month, go on huge "drives". Think traffic jam where everybody else is driving the same car as you, except in different colors, with different wheels and chrome exhaust tips. Oh yeah, and go to car races.

When we weren't going to eat, on a drive, or to a car race, we spent the time talking about eating, driving, and going to car races.

I like food, but not that much. I try to avoid traffic jams. And car races bore the cr@p out of me. :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.