Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a restaurant, and even though other many restaurants in my town are preloaded on my GPS software, even the one right next door, mine is not despite being around for 9 years.

Does anyone know who I would contact to get my place loaded into the GPS software?

I assumed they used phone book listings or something, but apparently not.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Devotay said:
Does anyone know who I would contact to get my place loaded into the GPS software?
Did you look yourself up by phone number and by name? Some of the names aren't spelled 'right', like Wal-Mart and Wal Mart...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Naw there isn't even a flag on the map. It's like the place doesn't exist. Chinese place up the street is there, vegetarian place around the corner too, even though they're both a lot younger than my place.

I googled the company that is referred to int he owners manual, who has now been bought out by someone called tele-atlas. I sent emails to 3 different places on their website. Haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm inclined to empathize with the people who prepare the information we find on our GPS disks. Nobody helps them. Probably because it's not easy to find and inform them. For example, my barber retired nine years ago and closed his shop. I checked him using the POI request and find he is still listed. His phone has been disconnected and going there one finds a small restaurant which is not listed. I'd write and tell them, if I knew how.

·
Registered
298 Posts
How often are the maps and POI information updated? How much does it cost to have those updates installed?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine has been upded once by means of a recall. They let me keep the replaced CD since it was of no value to them. I believe it is common simply to replace the CD through Toyota dealerships where they order the latest for you and when it comes, you takes what you get. My feeling is, if you need the latest POI information, then you need to update at least as often as they become available. Maybe annually. If all you need are address directions then upgrading less frequently makes sense. Heck, I often get by with street maps that are years old.

·
Registered
298 Posts
How do you know when updates are available? Does Toyota let you know? Or the dealer? Or word of mouth?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I believe the chain of data is the following:
Yellow pages -> InfoUSA -> Denso -> Toyota.
Bet if you checked for those out of date POIs on the internet, you'd find the same errors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts