Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning, I got pulled-over by the Highway Office, while having ALL-FOUR-HUGE-BRIGHT-YELLOW "Diamond Access OK" sticker on the bumpers. Apparently, he didn't notice the stickers. He pulled up and walked over to my door...

Office: "Do you know that you're driving Solo in the HOV lane?"

Me: "Yes, sir... but this is a Hybrid Prius and I do have the stickers and all the doc to proof it."

Office: "This is a Hybrid? You have stickers?"

Me: "Yes, Sir."

Office: "Oh, I hate this car."

errr... I was thinking to myself... "I hope he doesn't jack me for something else.. like speeding, even though when I'm only doing 55mph"

Weird... Aren't they suppose to be aware of the little details... like the bright-yellow stickers???

Well, at least, he let me go without any troubles...

·
Registered
669 Posts
N0t to mention professional embarassment.

And here I've been afraid to put the dang things on my car because they are so obtrusive!

·
Registered
928 Posts
janets98 said:
Office: "Oh, I hate this car."
Isn't it amazing how jealousy destroys people's ability to think rationally?
Given the circumstances, I suspect jealousy is not his reason for "hating" the car. It's more likely because his job is now harder than:

1. Look for vehicle with solo occupant.
2. When detected, chase.

If he chases he wrong car (i.e. one he can't ticket), he loses a lot of time.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I'd get his supervisor's name and suggest to the supervisor that a briefing be made to all officers about the hybrid stickers, but not singleing this officer out in particular.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I used a carpool entry lane to a freeway the other day where there were police stopping any violators. They just waved me on and didn't seem the least bit confused. I think they will all get it in a short time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts