Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it goes, about 2 mths ago, we ordered prius PK 6 and we decided to go with millennium silver.

So as weeks go by, we were anxious and still no words from dealership, finally called them to see what's up. They said it won't be ready for at least other 3 weeks but would give us a call 10 days before it arrives.

A couple of days later, cell phone rang and it was our dealership! He said, "Good news...well sorta of, the car is here right here, right now!" Oh gosh..what the hell happen to call 10 days before? We were planning to sell our car on ebay or.. on newspaper. But what the hell, we will just trade for less money (old car was mustang 2003).

We went to dealership all excited and anxious! As we arrived, the guy came to us saying, here's YOUR car right there. We turned around and saw.. uhmm "Green?" He replied, "Yeah.. didn't you order that?" No way.. we ordered silver!

Oh gosh, he was so shaky and nervous.. ran around lookin for papers and talked to people, it turned out that our order has screwed! We did order silver but it came in tideland!! But we went to check it out anyway. The minute we saw it, we fell in love with tideland. I mean, we realized that silver is way too common. Silver is everywhere. Tideland is pretty unique color and it looks so beautiful. At least its still PK 6! They even took 100 dollars off for wrong color! :lol:

I guess we were glad the order got screwed up somehow.

Proud Prius Owners!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey, glad it turned out ok! And congrats!

I ordered Seaside but couldn't wait for it, and they had an unclaimed Black when my old car died so I took it. My order was also messed up. They didn't add us to the waiting list! I called to ask about when we could expect a car to come in for us, and they had no record of us! Fortunately they added us in according to dealer records of when I came by to order.

I'm glad they made up for it and even compensated!

No offense to owners of Silver Prii, but silver is too common, I agree.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I'd be so pissed if I find out my name isn't on waiting list. But good thing you got prius just in time when your car died. :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
galaxee said:
No offense to owners of Silver Prii, but silver is too common, I agree.
Silver, the color of Mercury...the swiftest and most energetic of the Gods...you may think the color "common", but those who select it, are not. 8)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Congrats! It's been rumoured that Tideland will be replaced with Silver Pine so you'll definitely get a rare colour

·
Registered
919 Posts
All my respect to the owners of silver, but I agree it's way too common. One afternoon waiting at a Walgreen's lot for my daughter to pick up some pictures, I decided to count car colors (yes, weird decision)as they passed a busy 4 street intersection. I'd say 80% were silver or bronze.
Enjoy your green Prius. It will be unique.

·
Registered
83 Posts
While An04prius may be a god based on his color, those of us with tideland are less defined since we don't even know what color it is..

We go through life with more questions than answers, kinda like the Unitarian Universalists of religion.

Maybe we're the chameleons of the Prius world...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well call me skeptical, but I doubt the orders get "screwed up".

They know what you ordered and they have another car that comes in the purchaser backs out for some reason and they pull the old bait and switch knowing once you get there, after being told your car is in, and you are all excited about it, that in all liklihood you are going to take what they have.

This is dispicable on behalf of the dealership. I have heard this same story way to many times for them to be accidents or mistakes. Give me a break, a silver package 6....that says it all. How do you screw that up unless you are a complete moron. So are they morons???????

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wonder how regional color preferences are. In Colorado Springs, seaside and salsa reign, after which come a fair number of driftwoods and whites. I hardly ever see silver Priuses - I think I've seen as many tideland as silver. The only color I've seen less often is black - just one - and it was entering a McDonald's drive-through, so I'm not ever certain it was a REAL Prius! :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here in New Mexico there are lots of whites, silvers, seasides and driftwoods. Because of the heat, many steer away from darker colors. In fact, I've never seen a black Prius, and so I'm still not convinced they even exist :wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cairo94507 said:
Well call me skeptical, but I doubt the orders get "screwed up".

They know what you ordered and they have another car that comes in the purchaser backs out for some reason and they pull the old bait and switch knowing once you get there, after being told your car is in, and you are all excited about it, that in all liklihood you are going to take what they have.

This is dispicable on behalf of the dealership. I have heard this same story way to many times for them to be accidents or mistakes. Give me a break, a silver package 6....that says it all. How do you screw that up unless you are a complete moron. So are they morons???????
That is most silly thing I have ever heard. I thought you knew about Prius more but I guess not. Don't you realize that Prius are in high demand, and a lot of people are on waiting list up to 5 months in most lots. If we decide to wait for silver in a couple of more mths, it won't be a BIG problem to dealership.

Why?

Because for one, once again, like I said Prius are in high demand so once there is a prius out on lot, it will be sold within hours. For instance, there were 3 prius on lot last week, and they all were sold within 4 hours.

And what really happened the "screwed up" is when they took wrong color to bring over to the lot for us to pick up when they should have took silver. We could have waited a few more days for them to go get the right one but instead we fell in love with tideland.

Why would they even bother to take 100 dollars off knowing they can sell for MSRP or even over ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm glad you ended up with a color you prefer. I too am the owner of a 2005 Tideland for almost two months now. I really like the car, but, and I know this has been discussed before, it is very hard to see the "green." Only on rare occasions with the sun at the right angle does a hint of green show itself. I always struggle with my answer when people ask what color I've got. I usually say it's "sort of gray(/green)."

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Tideland is the Rorcharch test of color. Much can be learned by the color perceived by the subject. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well I do not know where you are from - take whatever they offer you if that is what you want. Here, (sit down) the Prius is just a car. They are readily available and everytime I drive past a Toyota dealership I see a few sitting on the lot, awaiting buyers.

But I guess as long as you think the car is something other than transportation that is also environmentally friendly, then dealerships will continue to pull the same tricks time and again. That's OK with me, I got exactly what I ordered with a 4 week wait. And, no, $100 off the price would not have swayed me to a color I did not select.

Buy into the hype and take what they offer you. Your choice and I respect your right to make your choices. Meet me in person and call me silly for expressing my opinion and we will have a serious talk. Of course I have my city and state listed so you know where I come from.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cairo94507 said:
Well I do not know where you are from - take whatever they offer you if that is what you want. Here, (sit down) the Prius is just a car. They are readily available and everytime I drive past a Toyota dealership I see a few sitting on the lot, awaiting buyers.

But I guess as long as you think the car is something other than transportation that is also environmentally friendly, then dealerships will continue to pull the same tricks time and again. That's OK with me, I got exactly what I ordered with a 4 week wait. And, no, $100 off the price would not have swayed me to a color I did not select.

Buy into the hype and take what they offer you. Your choice and I respect your right to make your choices. Meet me in person and call me silly for expressing my opinion and we will have a serious talk. Of course I have my city and state listed so you know where I come from.
That's correct, you do not know where I come from. I live in Seattle and there are waiting list approx 3+ months. We ordered prius and had to wait over 2 mths.

I'd assume every locations/states have different supply and demand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought people in the "CA Bay Area" were suppose to be a little more relaxed. Guess I was painting with a pretty broad brush. I've seen people make the same mistake regarding car dealers' motivations.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Beacher -
I am a very relaxed, easy going person. But I hate to see consumers being taken advantage of by retailers. I see no reason for people to go through what has become a pattern on bait and switch situations regarding these cars.

Aside from that, I do not appreciate anyone calling someone expressing a reasonable opinion - beased upon experience - silly. I do not call people names, regardless of their personal beliefs or espoused beliefs.

So, can't we all just get along.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love my silver

Sorry, just had to say it... I have to stand up for my color. :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have silver, and at first it was depressing because it is really common. But I found it was funny that I was jealous and I laughed all the way to the bank with all those 7 dollars I saved from car washes. Really, that silver hides alot of the dirt and bugs!

But to all of you with other colors, I really do like the way they look, just a little too high maintainance for me.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Common though it is, at least silver is in demand for car owners. May mean a few extra dollars at trade-in. (In the distant future of course, unless it's for a newer Prius.) I still want a classic red!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts