Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after resolving my initial concerns about the dependability of the Prius (many thanks to all who responded), I placed an order last Friday. Today it came in, super service, got exactly what I wanted, white with #8 trim. Looks great. drove to town twice today, total of 48 miles, averaged 55.2 MPG. I think I like this. I do have two questions. I noticed tonight that even with the dash LEDs dimmed down at night, there's a noticable glare on the windshield. I doubt anything can be done about it but it is distracting. Secondly, the left headlight (viewed from the front) seems to project higher than the right side. The salesman said he thought this was normal. Looking at the headlights, it seems the adjustment would not be an easy one. Anyone have experience with this?

06 white #8

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
With HID headlights, they're supposed to be auto-levelling. And in most cars, the left (viewed from front would make it the passenger's) light *IS* a little higher than the driver's side. This is so that the driver's light won't blind oncoming drivers, yet the passenger's light will illuminate a little more of the road.

If it seems significantly 'higher', (try parking about 6 feet from a wall, and look where the two lights aim, the difference on the wall shouldn't be more than a 1-2 inches at 6 feet.) then the dealer should fix it.

For the glare, you can try putting some sort of felt 'hood' extending over the top of the instrument cluster. The actual display is down in the dash, pointing up at a mirror, so the light comes mostly up, rather than toward you. Putting some kind of hood should cut down on this upward light. (Someone makes such a hood for the MFD, I haven't seen one for the instrument cluster, but it shouldn't be too hard to make.)

·
Registered
610 Posts
8) Check under Prius-General... Most forum members read both sections so double-postings aren't necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.