Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to a place to get the windows tinted. I even handed them the valet card to make sure they would know how to operate it. They looked at me like I was some sort of idiot. They work at a car customization shop, of course they know how to operate this vehicle! Well, I was busy when they called me to come get the car so it sat on the lot for 2 hours. When I came I went right in and paid. Then when I came out to my car, I noticed my door didn't beep when i got in. Then I saw the navigation scrolling like a video reel. THEY HAD LEFT THE CAR ON! The navigation had overheated because the AC was off, and the gas was down another two notches from when I dropped it off. Have any of you had any serious problems like this with your prius?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Gas down two notches? Sounds like they went joyriding. Did you note the odo reading before and after?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it only had about 2 miles more on it, like they took it around town or something quick. In this town, it only takes 10 minutes or less to drive 2 miles. It was just from sitting in the parking lot on. I guess the Hybrid system being powered up takes energy just to sit there. I was so angry, now i'm finding bubbles in the tint, and inconsistencies, i think i'm going to take it back and complain big time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For a Prius, best is to take it to Toyota shop for bodywork, repairs, etc only because they know what to do. No way I would take it to any other shops especially family owned shop. It's too risky. Maybe it costs a few dollars or hundred dollars more but better be safe than sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts