Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driven only 300 km with my new Prius but I already like it very much. Never seen a better car :) I like the EV buttom a lot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
show off! ive had my black prius for 1 yr almost to the day. its quirky but great!.black is a beautiful color for it. mine is named smiley because of the smiling grill. 8)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mrfredsporty said:
show off! ive had my black prius for 1 yr almost to the day. its quirky but great!.black is a beautiful color for it. mine is named smiley because of the smiling grill. 8)
Nice to hear that somebody else has a black one! Here in Finland, many people found it strange that I ordered a black one.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
dontcheff said:
I have driven only 300 km with my new Prius but I already like it very much. Never seen a better car :) I like the EV buttom a lot.
Enjoy! And happy St. Urho's day! (ask a Finn who lives in Minnesota)
I will be in Helsinki for a day in August. I will keep my eye out for the only black Prius in town.

·
Registered
110 Posts
by the way we dont have the ev button over here so you are lucky. also, by having black you are being very safety conscious, cuz that way they can spot you in the snowdrifts more easily!! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
i always thought that uhro was the name of the communcications officer on the starship enterprise and that it meant freedom in swahili. but then again i could be wrong :roll:

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
i always thought that uhro was the name of the communcications officer on the starship enterprise and that it meant freedom in swahili. but then again i could be wrong :roll:
That's uhura, not Uhro

·
Registered
110 Posts
on a serious note for just a second, dan. do you feel that the ev button helps or can lead damage to main battery?

and now to continue in a somewhat lighter vein. you guys in finland actually celebrate the god of grasshoppers?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
and now to continue in a somewhat lighter vein. you guys in finland actually celebrate the god of grasshoppers?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
As opposed to green beer for the "god of the snakes" tomorrow? Why not?!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not god of grasshoppers. He got RID of the grasshoppers. And he saved the thriving Finnish wine industry. Wait a minute? I haven't notice too much Finnish wine on the store shelves. Maybe those Finns drink it all themselves.

From the party animal poit of view, is he any worse of a reason to get drunk that that Irish fellow who got rid of snakes?

So party on dudes in honor of that St. Urho!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
on a serious note for just a second, dan. do you feel that the ev button helps or can lead damage to main battery?
There are some circumstances where it would help, such as really, really short trips where the obligitory warmup phase would waste more fuel than the fuel needed to recharge the battery later, especially when you have a downhill run after going EV.

As for the battery, if you don't abuse the system, such as often running it down to 2 bars, then letting it charge to 6, then going back to 2 bars in EV, then there shouldn't be a problem. You could do that anyway by 'idling' in ready with the AC on full blast, and then driving to charge back to 6 bars. Remember, the computer will kick you out of EV if battery gets low or you exceed speed or acceleration.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
exhuman said:
And he saved the thriving Finnish wine industry.
Finish wine? All wine should be finish! The alternative is to leave it in the bottle for someone else! Very wasteful. The sensibilities of any thrifty Scot would revolt at the thought of UNfinish wine.

So, drink up in honor of St. Urho. It's the environmentally sensitive thing to do. :lol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DanMan32 said:
mrfredsporty said:
There are some circumstances where it would help, such as really, really short trips where the obligitory warmup phase would waste more fuel than the fuel needed to recharge the battery later, especially when you have a downhill run after going EV.
I had the car for like 3-4 hours on a outside parking space. The temperature was about -10C. I entered the car and pressed the EV button. Did not work. The car needed to be warmed up a little. After 2 minutes (1 km), I was able to run in EV mode.

·
Registered
370 Posts
DanMan32 said:
mrfredsporty said:
show off!
So go install one! Only costs you anywhere from a 4' length of wire to a $45 mod from Coastal.
or a 4' length of wire and a $2 switch from Radio Shack...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts