Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Black 2006 package 8 Prius last night its great!! Everything I thought it would be and so much more! Thanks to everyone for answering my questions the past few months!

I do have one more question though... how do I get the buttons on the steering wheel to light up brighter?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I hate to tell you but you are just going to have to get use to it!! 8) There is no way to make them brighter, but within time you will not notice that they need to be brighter!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
True. I use the volume buttons the most and they're pretty handy. The mode ones take a bit getting used to, but it's not a big problem. Congratulations and happy, safe driving.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm still waiting for mmy black '06. Would you mind posting some pics. :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
"I do have one more question though... how do I get the buttons on the steering wheel to light up brighter?"
Unfortunately..you can't. There is no intensity adjustment. It's a problem that Toyota doesn't seem to think is worth improving. Hopefully you'll soon memorize the buttons by their position and their "braille-like" feel.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
JDavies said:
"I do have one more question though... how do I get the buttons on the steering wheel to light up brighter?"
Unfortunately..you can't. There is no intensity adjustment. It's a problem that Toyota doesn't seem to think is worth improving. Hopefully you'll soon memorize the buttons by their position and their "braille-like" feel.
That's fine unless you live in an area where you drive with gloves 11 out of 12 months a year. I have to relearn the braille every spring. In the winter the touch screen is easier.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Congratulations! Here's to your first 50mpg!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts