Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After picking up a drywall screw in one of the Goodyear Integrity tires on my ’04 Prius, I was disheartened to learn that it was not repairable (too close to the sidewall) and that Goodyear doesn’t warrant road hazard repair/replacement UNLESS new car buyers stop by a Goodyear store and purchase a road hazard warranty for $7 per tire. I blame my Toyota salesman for not mentioning that little detail, even though I should have read the fine print. I had to replace a tire with 1,300 miles on it :( . That little screw cost me $70 (plus $28 for the warranties), but at least I now have coverage for future ouchies.

(P.S. My Toyota salesman (Kyle Owen, Ed Martin Toyota, Anderson, IN) is still on my Christmas card list – he did sell me my Prius for $500 under list and no paperwork fee.)

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Every Prius sold in the US DOES come with a tire/wheel road hazard warranty for 3 years/36,000 miles. It's part of the Toyota Roadside Assistance program. Check the brochure that you should've received with your car for instructions on how to file a reimbursement. I think you only have 30 days to make a claim, though, and may need supporting information...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, call your dealer if you don't have a copy of the written road hazard warrantee from Toyota. It's not from the tire manufacturer; it's from Toyota. It was because of Michelle's discussion of this several months ago that I realized I was able to replace a tire at no cost! Thanks, MRV! :D

Susan
04 silver BC
15K miles

·
Registered
95 Posts
John Dorrell said:
(P.S. My Toyota salesman (Kyle Owen, Ed Martin Toyota, Anderson, IN) is still on my Christmas card list – he did sell me my Prius for $500 under list and no paperwork fee.)
Well, from the posts above, it sounds like you got ripped off on the tire replacement. But, man, you got your car for $500 under list?!?! Color me impressed! I bought my Prius from someone who I was at least casual friends with (we both play ultimate frisbee) and when I suggested to him that maybe he could swing me a deal, he said, "If there are any negotiations from list price for a car with a 6-month waitlist, the direction is going to be UP!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts