Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Am looking into portable garage[can't afford real one]. Do any of you have 'favorite' washing and/or waxing products?
46 last tank, 2000+ miles
Greg
04 white #6

·
Registered
53 Posts
wash & wax

Everyone has his/her own faves; I use Klasse wax and sealant on my MINI and am very happy with the shine and durability. Same holds for the wash-so many brands. Don't use Dawn or any other detergent not made for use on cars, as they can ruin the clearcoat. If you want to check out 'extreme' car washing techniques, check out http://www.carcrazy.net click on care care, and then click on 'tips from the guru'. There are lots of sites out there that sell microfiber towels, clay bars, and all other kinds of detailing equipment. Your clean Prius will have an even lower drag coefficient than a dirty one, and your portable garage will help reduce damage from the elements nearly as much as a 'real one'.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That "Mr. Clean Auto-Dry Car-Wash" works surprisingly well. It really does dry quickly & spotless. This weekend, I'm going to use it again then polish the Prius.

I absolutely love the "Nu Finish" polish, because it has proven so effective for long-term protection during the long, cold salty season here in Minnesota.

·
Registered
77 Posts
John,

I'm with you on the NuFinish......just waxed mine Saturday before last and it is so smooth. Subsequently washed it 4 days after and the bugs just jumped off....... :lol:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I use Maguire's #3 carnuba wax (liquid), too.

When the wax no longer wants to buff out easily (or the paint still looks like there's foreign matter that won't come off), then I will use the #1 (cleaner), #2 (polish), and #3 (wax), all in that order. It takes 3 times as long to do the car, but I don't have to do the 3-steps every time...really only once or twice a year or whenever I've neglected my regular washing and waxing routine.

I have a question: Does NuFinish work on top of the wax, or what? If NuFinish isn't a wax, then what is it, and can you still wax? :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts